Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Fremont Streets Closing

As my loyal readers have noticed, I have not posted much at all this month.  I have not found the time nor interest to continue this blog, as much as it is needed in the community.  For my 100-150 loyal readers, I wish there was a place to point you to for Fremont crime news, but I know of none.  FPD is talking about bringing back the Patrol Blotter.  That really is key in informing the community of crime.  It is sad that neighboring police departments provide much more info on a daily basis to their citizens.  If you have Twitter, I am somewhat active there as @ScannerFremont.  The FPD Dispatch live feed via Broadcastify will continue for now, but technology changes may force it off the air by October. 
I will leave the blog intact for a week or so so everyone will have a chance to see this final post.  Stay safe everyone!

10 comments:

  1. This makes me very sad! Thanks for all your work keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad but I totally understand. Thank you for all that you do and share with the community. I truly appreciate you. I will continue to follow you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the work you did. See you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sad! Appreciate all the effort you put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the valuable information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog with all of its content is not going to vanish is it???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the nice comments. Tony- I'm not sure what to do with the contents. There is a lot of historical info there that may be good reference material in the future. I guess I could keep it alive for that purpose as long as people knew it won't be updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that’s a good idea. You have provided lots of good info.

      Delete
    2. please do that. At least until the internet archives gives it a permanent home!

      Delete
  8. Sad to see this go. Thank you for effort and contribution to our community.

    ReplyDelete