Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The Sad and the Mentally Ill

Listening in on the ambulance to hospital channel, I hear a 66 year old man being brought in for withdrawal symptoms.  Seems he ran out of methadone.  I didn't think someone could live that long being addicted to an opioid.  But I suppose this could be a recent addiction.  Then a call comes over FPD dispatch about a woman saying there is a "vehicle stuck in her rear end".  Now I know we have some asshole drivers in Fremont....the dispatcher said she was well known for having a mental illness.

2 comments:

  1. I was at Raley’s a little while ago and a mentally ill woman was standing outside of the door screaming at “her friend”. Security asked her several times to leave and she finally did after yelling more profanity at him and her “friend”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good candidate for conservatorship. Maybe we will see it someday.

    ReplyDelete