Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Union City PD Feed May End

I have been giving some thought to ending the feed to UCPD.  Initially the Broadcastify account was set up for Fremont PD Dispatch only.  However, Fremont began their contract in dispatching UCPD and much of that was on the Fremont channel.  Now UCPD is on their own channel for much of the day (9 a.m. until 11 p.m).  When both channels are being scanned during day and early evening hours, there is a chance that UCPD may tie up the scanner with some event in that city and transmission from Fremont would not be heard.  I'm soliciting input as to your preference in agencies to monitor.  If you feel strong about keeping UCPD, please let me know.  If you want just Fremont, please let me know.  If you don't care one way or the other, no need to advise- I will assume those that don't respond don't care one way or the other.  You can "comment" to this post or use the email area at the bottom of the home page.

Update- There were no comments or emails in support of keeping UCPD feed active.  Therefore, effective today, only FPD Dispatch will be streamed.  However, if an event in U.C. such as the stabbing at Logan today occurs,  I may then activate their channel.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Scanner thank you for asking. I truly appreciate you sharing the feeds. The FPD is fine with me but I will go with the majority.

    On a side note, do you know what happened on N880 this evening. I heard there was a lot of police activity but it was kept quiet. Southern freeway was shut down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know about what time this happened and where on 880? I can check CHP archives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see that NB 880 near Winton was closed at some point, but all lanes opened up shortly after 8 pm. Can't find why it was closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend went through areiubd 6:30 and saw officers standing around on the freeway. When we left our meeting at around 8:00 the freeway app showed solid red for a shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn’t that odd it’s so hush hush about it? Or so it seems 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  6. The CHP feed will shed some light but I may not get to it for awhile. I'm curious though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries. Right? Me too. Thanks for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t know if you have Facebook but HPD posted this:
    Patrol officers responded to an armed carjacking where a female driver was briefly kidnapped at the 3900 block of Trust Way. Officers spotted the vehicle going northbound 880 Freeway where a pursuit was initiated. However, the suspect vehicle collided with several other vehicles before coming to a stop at the Winton overpass. Quick action by the officers prevented the suspect from escaping. The victim received minor injuries and no injuries occurred as a result of the collision. The handgun used in the crime was recovered by the officers. CHP-Hayward office is handling the collision incident.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Hotrod for the info. I am a Facebook holdout, so I missed that. There was a spike in CHP listeners in the 6 o'clock hour last night but I wasn't able to find the dispatch of the wreck that followed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please have the Fremont PD feed only, don't care about the Union City PD feed

    ReplyDelete