Sunday, July 7, 2019

Vehicle Into Bay; Rescue Response Delayed

At 8:59 p.m. dispatchers sent officers out to Marshland Road on a report from a motorists on the Dumbarton that a vehicle had just gone into the water from the frontage road.  The fire department was not dispatched at this time.  Five minutes later they had contact with the driver who said she was out of the vehicle and requested an ambulance.  At 9:07, according to Pulse Point, FFD was dispatched.  That is an 8 minute delay and had the party been trapped and submerged, this could have made a huge difference.  I don't know if the delay was with Fremont dispatchers or with the Alameda County Fire Dispatch Center.  My guess is the problem was with Fremont as they did not mention that the FD was en route. 

3 comments:

  1. I was listening to it as well and was also surprised FD was not dispatched nor and ambulance.
    Side note, I’m hearing a lot of huge explosions/booms and nothing coming across the radio. There were multiple unusual cadence with the explosions which made me question if it was gun fire because I didn’t see anything or hear the crackle you would normally hear with the fireworks. I was just surprised nothing was said not even an officer mentioning fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe everyone is used to the noise now and don't report it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drove by at quarter to 1am and saw the tow truck and PD unit

    ReplyDelete