Tuesday, March 24, 2020

How I Scored A Dozen Rolls of Angel Soft

While our supply of TP was not at a critical stage, with the lack of supply in local stores I was afraid it could get there in coming weeks.  I was determined to find a few rolls.   Anywhere.  Fremont, Hayward, San Leandro.  It would be a game.  The new scavenger hunt.  Monday afternoon was gloomy as I set out (in more ways than one).  I was determined not to get up early and wait in line for a store to open that may or may not have TP.  I knew that stores stocked shelves in the afternoon.  It was just a matter of timing.  First stop was CVS on Driscoll.  No TP, the manager said, but (or should it be butt), they would have an order in on Friday.  Friday!  They were also out of Tylenol and thermometers.  Next was Bargain Market on Stevenson.  No TP, but I found some hard to find liquid soap.  While they did not have the big refill type bottle,  they did have individual bottles for 99 cents.  I grabbed two.  I then proceeded north on Blacow to the Luckys on Mowry.  In past trips through here I have noticed that the parking lot was half full.  Same this afternoon.  I found a parking spot near the entrance.  I scurried over the the TP isle on the left hand side of the store.  DING DING DING!  An employee was opening up huge boxes of tissue paper and handing them out to the few of us that were there.  Timing is everything.
12 rolls for $7.29.  There is a 2 package limit.  I bought just one.
Note:  A week ago I found a package of  four rolls of TP at the 7-Eleven on Mowry at Cherry.  They wanted $5.99! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You may want to buy a lottery ticket while your winning streak is good. 😉

    ReplyDelete