Wednesday, January 8, 2020

7-Eleven on Farwell Robbed at Gun Point

A man wearing a "colorful mask" robbed the 7-Eleven on Farwell near Stevenson around 10:30 last night.  According to the dispatcher, the suspect, showing a gun to the clerk, demanded that the cash register be opened at which point the suspect took the money and fled on foot.

note:  the veteran dispatcher did an excellent job in getting the info out quickly "beeeep  Zone 1 units, 211 at the 7-Eleven on Farwell".  Bang...the info is out in a hurry and units are rolling.

note:  why does the 7-Eleven chain seem to attract unlawful activity?

note:  This same store was robbed in 2016.  Link here: https://www.kron4.com/news/police-seeking-pair-of-masked-men-who-robbed-fremont-7-eleven-at-gunpoint/

Related image

2 comments:

  1. I was listening to it as well. Yes the dispatcher is very good. All thought what made me tune in at that time (I was just dozing off) when I heard about 5 loud bangs, which I had assumed were fireworks at 10:35 and then about 5 minutes later many officers flew down my street code 3. Then I thought hmmmm maybe it was actually gunshots. When I turned on the scanner, I heard the tone & the 211 @ 7-11. Did you hear Anything else in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There appears to be a homeless women living next to that 7/11. I bet she could write a book on what happens there.

    ReplyDelete