Friday, May 3, 2019

Craziness Behind Sprouts Last Night

Listening to a recording of the radio traffic, it sounded like a mix of the TV show Adam 12 and a wild western movie.  People were being chased; sirens were blaring; guns were drawn.  It started out around 2:15 this morning when one of the sergeants spotted two vehicles driving crazy on Mowry near Fremont Blvd.  One stopped near the old Rite-Aid (next to Ace Animal Hospital) and the driver took off on foot.  Other officers rolled into the area.  Then the sergeant caught up with the driver "I have one a gun point".  Other officers stopped the occupants of the second vehicle behind Sprouts.  "S-15 I have two at gun point!" (behind Baskin Robbins).  In the end it looked like the first vehicle was a suspect in a non injury hit and run accident and the second vehicle was following it.  It appeared that two other vehicles in a parking lot were also struck.  If I counted correctly, some 5 people were stopped and all three midnight sergeants had their guns drawn at some point.  This would be great video to watch, but I doubt we will see it. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Craziness for sure. I would love to see the video as well. But I agree, I doubt if we will. Unless they want to use it as a pat on the back video.

    ReplyDelete