Saturday, March 16, 2019

Auto Burglary at Smoking Pig BBQ

A woman is smoking hot after someone smashed her car window and took her purse around 8:30 this morning in the parking lot of Smoking Pig BBQ on Mowry.  Suspect vehicle a green Chrysler 300.
Update:  suspect vehicle may have been involved in an accident on Paseo at Peralta.  Man matching the suspect description is outside of the vehicle.
Update:  FPD has confirmed via a Tweet that they did take a suspect into custody.  The object thrown threw the back windshield was not a rock, but a cinderblock!  I believe the purse has been recovered and returned to the victim.

5 comments:

  1. That’s early in the morning for Smoking Pig. I can’t understand why people leave belongings in their car like that. I guess Karma caught up with the suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear how this ended. Last I heard they were looking for the purse around where the car was parked on Paseo. Nice that his window got broken out by that thrown rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vehicle was burgled last night at Boiling Hot Pot restaurant. They broke the window but didn’t take anything. Glad they caught this douche, but I worry he will not get the punishment he truly deserves in order to deter him from striking again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer. I have heard the auto burgs are now just breaking into any vehicle without looking inside hoping there is something of value to take.

    ReplyDelete