Friday, March 29, 2019

Huge Search in Hayward

Details are limited at the moment...but a long hot pursuit started sometime after 7 this evening and ended in the Hayward Hills near Garin Park.  I believe the want is stolen vehicle, brandishing a weapon and assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle).  More info later.  Scanner locked on HPD as all the traffic seems to be there now.  CHP has a copter overhead calling out hot spots they see on their equipment and directing officers in.  The area of the search is a residential area east of Mission and Industrial Blvd.  There were four suspects in the vehicle.
This all started at 7:49 p.m. at the Motel 6 North.  A vehicle tried to run down a Fremont officer in the parking lot there and then fled south on Fremont Blvd.
Here is the route of flight:  Fremont Blvd-Decoto-north on 880 to Alvarado-Niles Blvd- then south 880-west on Thornton-Cedar-Thornton-Newark-east on 84-north 880-Tennyson-south on Mission-left on Alquire Parkway (crashed in the neighborhood) 8:13 p.m.
Total pursuit time:  24 minutes.
As of 10:30 p.m. Fremont and Hayward officers are still searching for the suspects.  I don't know if they have any of them in custody or not at this time.  The CHP helicopter has left or will be soon and I believe there are two drones up.

3 comments:

  1. I’m out of my last meeting. I can listen now. Wow 95 listeners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up to 183 now !! I'm in the top 20 nationwide on a Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 911 call with someone in their backyard sounds promising. I hope they catch the person.

    ReplyDelete